Thursday, March 04, 2004

Where is the Best Spot for a Free Zone?

For the past six years, I have been putting a tremendous amount of time into researching the best areas for freedom to thrive. Much of this research was duplicated by The Free State Project and many of the participants in the project wrote some excellent white papers on their personal findings. If you want more information on this, email me.
The bottom line is that Wyoming is my first pick and Montana is not too far behind. The big question remains, "should we focus on a state, a county, or a community?" The Free State Project (FSP) chose to pick a state. Now that the state (New Hampshire) has been chosen, many folks who opted out of New Hampshire are looking to start a similar project in the west. The Grand Western Conference II is scheduled for 4/23 in lovely Three Forks, MT. (For more info, go here GWCII Info )
These and other ideas will be discussed. Personally, I like the north west corner of Wyoming. I just discovered Cody and Powell and they appear to be lush, thriving comunities with a good economy and decent prices on homes. I hope to make it to the conference and to scope out some properties in the coming weeks. If you have first-hand knowledge of Cody and or Powell, I would love to hear from you.
ftully@earthlink.net

No comments: